What's your dog's name?

My friend adopted a dog from some folks who were moving and couldn’t keep their pet. When I went over there, I saw that he was a cute little character. "What’d you name him?"

"His name is Chowny."

Haha… what ELSE would a linux programmer name a dog that had just changed owners? :wink:

3 Likes

Think you will not get many answers as this is one of the most favorite Security Questions used to recover lost passwords :wink:

3 Likes

I wanted to name my dog Phydeaux (Fido), but the wife told me NO!

2 Likes

A long time ago we were “adopted” by a cat, so she was given the name Ermintrude, as in “'er intruded into the household”. Bad pun maybe but “Trudy” stuck, even after my mother took it to the vet and we discovered that Mum was wrong, Trudy was a tom!

Deefor…D for Dog, as well as our cat Ceefor :grinning:

1 Like

Long , long time ago I had a Golden Retriever called “YUM” :slight_smile:

Karl of course.
Alright, my post must be at least 20 characters. Home Depot parking lot.

My dog name is CHALSI

Cat’s name is Dumasgus but if he’s good I just call him Gus… :slight_smile:

We have Tuvok, Capt. Janeway, and Cisco

Oh my dog is Valo, after the finish singer Ville Valo :smiley:

1 Like

When I was a kid we got two kittens; they were brothers but one was black&white, the other ginger.

I wanted to call them “This” and “That”, but my parents wouldn’t let me. So, instead, we called them Fred and Ginger. But we named the ginger cat Fred and the B&W cat Ginger.

Oh! good point, I would have been clueless to this

My parents had a dog named “Rocky”

2 Likes

Could it be the name came because of the popular movie “Rocky”? :thinking:

I suspect you are RIGHT. It was a black Lab.

Now my current dog is a Belgian Sheepdog named Cousteau and he will be a Service Dog --some day – and while he is slightly undersized for a MALE BSD standing ONLY 25 inches at the shoulder, he more than makes up for his size with his outgoing personality.

I had a cat whose name was Cisco

I have a small dog, his name is Pixel

1 Like

Ahh… That’s a hoot! I need to remember THIS one! Hahahaha, LOL, lol, lol

1 Like

Yeah, it’s funny! :grinning:
This name fits him