Printer driver won't install. Samsung SCX-4200

Good day forum,
Hopefully someone has a simple approach to this.
I’ve a new installation of Rocky 9.3 on a new Dell, I’ve used Ubuntu for about 4yr including CLI/Terminal but I’m no waay an expert in command line… Somehow I managed to get my printer/scanner working with the last Ubuntu machine but have failed so far with this new installation.
Setup:

1. Downloaded uld_V1.00.39_01.17.tar.gz from the HP support site.
  2. decompressed it all and copied Samsung_SCX-4200_series.ppd to Home/.cups/model/
    (No go, nothing happens)
  3. I’ve tried eg
    sudo mv /home/jsand/.cups/model/Samsung_SCX-4200_Series.ppd .
    to move it into the right directory but can’t get that right either because I’m told I’m not
    in the sudoers file.
  4. I don’t think that’ll be the end either because there is no explicit ‘install’ that’s clear
    to me.
I'm a bit stuck are there any hints or advice anyone out there might give?
TIA

rgds, John

Not really answering your question, but usually cups with the ipp everywhere driver works. Assuming it’s a networked printer on the LAN at 192.168.1.50
lpading -p SamsuncSCX24200 -E -v ipp://192.168.1.50/ipp/print -m everywhere should give it a working driver. For scanning, if you’re using the default workstation install you can use anywhere scanning. You will have to allow mdns (or port 5353) through the firewall.

firewall-cmd --zone=public --add-service mdns --permanent

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.