How to install a printer

I am sorry advisors … I am new in this …
How is the way to install a wireless printer Brother in this case in here…
I try differents ways from searching for answers … So I decide to came here THE BEST WAY
to find answers to my question…
Thanks in advance

Hi @falcon,

tbh as more and more modern printers support universal print modes (mostly IPP) it could get very easy. But it could also be that the support is already in the default driver set of cups.

So the best way might just be hooking the wireless printer into your network and then searching globally or directly for the IP or DNS name, which should give you mostly a few options, where mostly one of them works very well.

I had the case of EPSON printers where a specific driver was needed, but also only for improved functionality, basic functions also already worked without the special driver, which was provided by EPSON themselves.

Thank you lumarel… the printer is already in the network I got the IPaddress and is Brother
I added and use same drivers the system provided I did a test print and just said processing …
however in the top said: printer may not be connect it…
is a MFC L5900dw … looking for the drivers I found drivers from 2021 … so may work the problem I try to install thoses drivers and I can not find them… :smile: so Iam working to find it or added to the list of drivers …

As far as I can see Brother themselves is providing an RPM package, not sure if this is needed at all but they do :slight_smile:

https://support.brother.com/g/b/downloadlist.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=mfcl5900dw_us_as&os=127

1 Like

Thank you lumarel … let me try to install

1 Like

Thank you lumarel for the driver so successful…
I appreciated…
I got to get another printer to work OKI microline 320 … I know I know is old but … need it

Thanks again :+1:

1 Like

Oh great if it was that easy :smiley:

Hmm that can get a bit more tricky with that one :thinking:
They are providing a tar bundle but maybe hopefully it just works without it if it is that old

Well in reality is 620 microline the 320 I really change I preferred the 620 … more modern …
I think …
Yes thanks again I appreciated …

1 Like

Lumarel good day !!! do you thing open another question about this printer Microline 620?
I will do it if necessary … please Let me know I am will work this day in this project …
Thanks for all you help and thanks for the forum very helpful …