Dot Matrix Printer Support

I migrated my Samba server, which also ran Cups, from Centos 6 to Rocky Linux 8. On Centos 6 I installed and managed all my printers via the lpadmin command. Examples bellow:

lpadmin -p hpljm4345 -E -v socket://10.0.1.20:9100 -P /usr/share/ppd/cupsfilters/pxlmono.ppd

lpadmin -p hpcljm477 -E -v socket://10.0.1.25:9100 -P /usr/share/ppd/cupsfilters/pxlcolor.ppd

When I tried the following:
lpadmin -p epsonlq2090 -E -v lpd://10.0.1.26/lp1 -P /usr/share/ppd/cupsfilters/textonly.ppd

Only to find out that the textonly.ppd is nowhere to be found. I copied the textonly.ppd from Centos 6 and tried to use it but things got a little weird. When I tried to install this printer via gnome it seems that 3rd party parallel port print servers are not supported anymore. Has anyone come across this problem?

I have solved the problem temporally by using a Windows machine as a print server but I would prefer do it via my Samba server. Windows does not offer the functionality of Cups.

The first two examples are for laserjet, and the third one is for epson. Are you saying the first two still work in Rocky 8.x?

I managed to install all three examples and was able to print from them. I had to remove the Epson printer from a multi-port print server to a single-port one. The only problem now is to have them show up as Samba shares. Not having much luck there.

The sequence I go through to install printers via the command line is as follows:

lpadmin -p hpljm3027mfp -E -v socket://10.0.1.29:9100 -P /usr/share/ppd/cupsfilters/pxlmono.ppd
lpadmin -p hpljm3027mfp -o printer-is-shared=true
lpadmin -p hpljm3027mfp -o printer-error-policy=retry-job

I have since learned that the -P option to install the ppd files has deprecated as well as the use of the ppd files themselves.