Merchandise Design Submissions

I don’t go here and only really know this project through @nazunalika but decided to give it a shot anyway! They’re just unpolished mockups but I did want to see what I could do and if it would work in B&W if colors weren’t an option.

What if the penguin is skiing down the top? This one feels like the penguin slipped and fell face down (are you indicating what IBM did to CentOS?)

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Here’s the snippet of my earlier reply that explains my intentions!
Let me know if you have further suggestions!

Greetings!
Since @precisonline and @pratham raised concern that someone can interpret Tux in earlier artwork as going downhill, I have made changes in the initial design!
In the new illustration, Tux is going upwards, jumping out of water or having fun!
I’m attaching the new artwork with IDs to make it easier to discuss!
Waiting to hear the thoughts/feedback from the fellow community members!

1 Like

Depending on what type of merch this would be printed on it might be way too detailed. On the back of a shirt? Epic! On a mug? His eyes and the water splashes/drops might get lost. On a phone case? Same story.

I like the glow of him, maybe add the glow/blur behind him in black or green in the white version?

I personally prefer the sun without the stroke like the previous design this way I’m wondering what his route was. The colors behind him are obviously a sort of move blur, so why is the mountain in that stroke too? How would he get there? Why is Tux going in circles? Maybe cut out the mountain without the stroke?

Great design though, I like it.

I’m sorry, earlier when I took a look at this topic, I was only looking at the images, I just read this. I saw the stroke and I love it! The position of tux is perfect, maybe you could just invert it so it looks upright?

Once again, it looks awesome! :")

Thanks @hrcvles for the feedback!

In the first initial design, I just had Mountain strokes but the downside of that design is that there is no way to make Tux not go downwards!!

As community members @precisonline and @pratham suggested that Tux going downwards is not a good perspective to have!

So, I designed alternative artwork that also incorporates the logo in the design and Tux is going upwards. This time I thought it would be cool if Tux is imitating the logo design while swimming! Mountain is part of the logo and thus, I extended the stroke all the way to mountain.

I do not have any explanation why would Tux go in circles? I didn’t give it too much thought about how and why would Tux do that! This was intended as imaginary artwork/illustration!

Nevertheless, I have incorporated the feedback of @hrcvles and I am attaching the illustration with this reply!

I have also designed another artwork which does not have Tux doing any crazy manoeuvres. Here, Tux is just having fun (jumping out of water) in a scenic environment where waves collide and wrap around the sun! As always, there are two variants of the artwork, light and dark!
Requesting feedback from the community members!

To be honest, the initial design where tux is going downwards is what I’ve liked the most by far except for the tux going down part. Great work imo!

PS I guess this is late for any last minute modifications as this topic will end in a few hours but this is what I was talking about when I said an upright tux :’)

Good news! We’ve extended the submission period for another week until 2021-01-27T23:00:00Z EST per an edit to the OP and our latest community announcement.

I’m hugely into retro designs but also have zero design ability myself. Anyone able to whip something up?

1 Like

Another Design from my side!
It is ultra minimalistic in nature!
It is just an idea I’m pitching out there!
Let me know your thoughts about it!

I really like this one!

1 Like

Thank you very much, have a great day! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your submissions:

@sam
@precisonline
@thomson131
@Nihesh 2 3 4
@ampon9707
@hrcvles
@Shompu

We will be looking to open this submissions for merchandise again in the near future via all our platforms with a more unified submission/voting process.

Please stay tuned for more details!

1 Like