Why does ROCKY not provide the ISO package download integrated with Cinnamon as Fedora does

Why does ROCKY not provide the ISO package download integrated with Cinnamon as Fedora does
Personally, I think
On the office PC. GNOME is really ugly

Hi! Putting together all the packages for Cinnamon / creating a Cinnamon spin would be a lot of effort, as no other EL distributions or EL repositories support it. However, if you’re willing to help start and see that project through, we’d love to see it in the Rocky Linux Desktop SIG on Mattermost :slightly_smiling_face:

There’s a Copr repository supporting Cinnamon on EL, but it’s only built for EL8 at the moment. stenstorp/cinnamon Copr

Note that I have not tried, do not endorse, and we cannot support using that Copr repository. I’m just saying it’s out there. And maybe a good starting point for a Cinnamon spin for the Desktop SIG!

I am using Rocky and Cinnamon from copr works great at least Rocky 8. Not tried doing the same with Rocky 9. Was simple and straightforward to do it.

thank you. I will use Copr. Because I don’t have any technology

Rocky, CentOS Linux, Alma, etc have traditionally offered two or more ISO: minimal and “everything”, while RHEL at least used to have various subscriptions (e.g. Server, Workstation, …). Like RHEL, focus is on servers that both have network and are perhaps run a decade after installation. Furthermore, [Rocky] repos have what RHEL has. With latest versions you can’t cherry-pick from RHEL-based content more than one desktop environment. For anything extra you have to go to third party.

Fedora has lifetime of about six months before new version is released? Fedora “everything” also has much more than RHEL. It makes sense to create subsets from “everything” with different emphasis for Fedora, Ubuntu, and similar distros.