Left Click of mouse does not work outside opened window

Dear RL family,
Greetings everyone!

Before we get to the problem, here’s my OS details using the hostnamectl command on the terminal.

[nishikant@galileo ~]$ hostnamectl

Static hostname: galileo
Icon name: computer-desktop
Chassis: desktop
Machine ID: {erased}
Boot ID: {erased}
Operating System: Rocky Linux 8.6 (Green Obsidian)
CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:rocky:rocky:8:GA
Kernel: Linux 4.18.0-372.19.1.el8_6.x86_64
Architecture: x86-64

The problem is that the mouse clicks do not register outside of the firefox window I am operating in. So, in this Rocky Linux, I remember having configured 4 different workspaces, and right now, I can’t switch between them - using the mouse. I can switch between different applications instances using Alt + tab (like this firefox window and another one opened incognito, Document Viewer 3.28.4, & Files 3.28.1-Stable which are open in this workspace along with the terminal)
However, clicking the mouse on them does not do anything.

To reiterate, my mouse is OK. I can use it within this application instance to select, left/right click etc.

I am lucky to search and remember Alt+F1 allowed me to access Applications, in which Firefox is the first in the list of favorites.

Anyway, I hope others can second me on this. And please someone help me with it. I will use poweroff command from the terminal to shut down the computer when I am done.

Best regards,

For anyone stuck like me, the relevant keyboard shortcut is Ctrl + Alt + Left/Right Arrow key to toggle between workspaces.
Also the restart/power off can be accessed by Ctrl + Alt + Delete key to yield the Power off button click effect on the top right corner. You can toggle between the options using the left/right arrow keys. Please make sure you save your work before this try.

Regarding the upper message, yes, if I restart the machine, it can go back to normal, but then it is like M$ Windows of yesteryear, when I’d seen many problems swept under the carpet by simply restarting the computer.

Since I am using a mature OS, I expect a mature solution, or a diagnosis of what’s wrong with my installed OS.

Thanks folks.

Right, it’s working now. I can use the mouse clicks to do something outside of the window {FFox/ Files etc.}
Need to observe what I did to get it working. Probably switching workspaces helped?

woah… I sure came off as very entitled in that last sentence about “expecting” a mature solution. Far from it!
Please know I would be happy to have some diagnosis and solution to this unexpected interruption to my use of this wonderful and free OS

Best,