Has anyone tried Apache Guacamole with RL

I tried installing it on a box running 8.6 and found out that the process is not for the faint of heart. I got through downloading the source, compiling, installing Tomcat, cat’ing a bunch of stuff and piping it into MariaDB, etc, etc but it told me that some module for VNC was missing and once I worked through it, I got Guacamole to come up but the creds I specified gave login failure. So I’m wondering if there is some database hocus pocus that can recover the creds or if I need to nuke the site from orbit and try again after a RL 9 upgrade. And if there is a better guide out there than what I found on YT, it was for Guacamole 1.2 and I had to translate for 1.4 as best I could. An explanation for why they made it so dad gum hard to install would be nice too.

I admit to NOT trying or using Guacamole, however, I did find this procedure on How-to forge that is pretty complete (or appears to be)… https://www.howtoforge.com/how-to-install-and-use-apache-guacamole-remote-desktop-on-rocky-linux-8/

Since you’ve already installed it, look at steps 6 and 7 in that procedure and see if any of them will help you. Step 6 is specifically about the database setup and Step 7 deals with configuring Guacamole. In step 7, verify that the configuration file is using the credentials you set (see “MySQL Properties” section).

If you have the root password to Mariadb, you should be able to reset the Guacamole password if you need to.

Thanks for the advice. It has been a while since I worked on it since I moved on to getting a Security Onion setup going with a sensor node and a manager node on a pair of recalcitrant Dell PowerEdge servers, an ordeal in itself. I’ll take a look and see what I can figure out, although a do over on a RL 9 system is likely.