GlusterFS repos location

I understand the concern. When EL8 was being retired, there was a notification put out to all SIG’s that if they wanted rhel build roots (to build for non-stream), that they should request it. Not everyone did and while some did, there’s some that aren’t building for non-stream EL9 or if they are producing newer versions of the software they’re building for EL8, some are not being built in the rhel buildroots. Whether this is an oversight or an agreed upon decision, it’s not clear to me and to be honest, I have not looked in a while to see if there were decisions made in between since then. Last time I looked, it has been a mixed bag. See this for example. The latest glusterfs is not being built for non-rhel unfortunately.

I believe it should still possible to ask the SIG if they’d be willing to also build for non-stream EL’s, whether it be 8, 9, or so on. It wouldn’t hurt to ask. I don’t know how up to date this page is, but I’d imagine their IRC and mail list could be of help.

It would be more beneficial at the end of the day to ask if the SIG maintainers are willing to continue building for non-stream. And I personally feel that if the SIG in CentOS does not want to build for non-stream, then a SIG can be created here to take over that sort of effort. But it will require dedicated folks to keep up on it to keep it alive, active, maintained. This is something that my team personally cannot handle as we already take care of the base distribution (and that’s a huge amount of effort as it is).