Install GlusterFS on Rocky

Need some help here. I can’t seem to find the right repo to use to install glusterfs-server.

Some glusterfs packages should be available in base repos. For others, you need to make sure appstram and powertools repos are enabled.

[root@rocky ~]# yum list *gluster*
Last metadata expiration check: 1 day, 19:11:27 ago on Thu 08 Jul 2021 16:42:26 CEST.
Available Packages
glusterfs.x86_64                                                        6.0-49.1.el8                                                       baseos    
glusterfs-api.x86_64                                                    6.0-49.1.el8                                                       appstream 
glusterfs-api-devel.x86_64                                              6.0-49.1.el8                                                       powertools
glusterfs-cli.x86_64                                                    6.0-49.1.el8                                                       appstream 
glusterfs-client-xlators.x86_64                                         6.0-49.1.el8                                                       baseos    
glusterfs-devel.x86_64                                                  6.0-49.1.el8                                                       powertools
glusterfs-fuse.x86_64                                                   6.0-49.1.el8                                                       baseos    
glusterfs-libs.x86_64                                                   6.0-49.1.el8                                                       baseos    
glusterfs-rdma.x86_64                                                   6.0-49.1.el8                                                       baseos    
libvirt-daemon-driver-storage-gluster.x86_64                            6.0.0-35.module+el8.4.0+534+4680a14e                               appstream 
pcp-pmda-gluster.x86_64                                                 5.2.5-4.el8                                                        appstream 
qemu-kvm-block-gluster.x86_64                                           15:4.2.0-48.module+el8.4.0+534+4680a14e                            appstream 

Are you trying to install a gluterfs server of some sort? If so, we have the packages built (specifically gluster 9) but we don’t have them actively available yet for consumption. But, client packages are available in the base repos if all you need are client-related binaries and libraries.

Yeah, I’m looking for glusterfs-server. Do you have a timeframe on when the packages will be made available.

We, too, need glusterfs-server on Rocky for a large cluster.

On CentOS, we had done it by installing centos-release-gluster. When we tried migrate2rocky.sh, it failed at distro-sync on the GlusterFS packages.

I wonder, what would be the most straightforward way to get glusterfs-server on Rocky at the moment before something like rocky-release-gluster is fully available?

Many thanks to the Rocky community.

An alternative before we start providing the gluster packages publicly is just to point to the centos repos directly for now. I would assume you can just use the GPG key and the repo file from the package and not necessarily have the release package installed.

What is the best way to install Centos GPG key and where I get it ?
What is the package which contains this key?
Many thanks
Dario

I have found:

cat <<EOF > /etc/yum.repos.d/Centos-Gluster-9.repo
[gluster9]
name=Linux  - Gluster 9
baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos-8/\$releasever/storage/\$basearch/gluster-9/
gpgcheck=1
enabled=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-SIG-Storage
EOF

wget https://centos.org/keys/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-SIG-Storage -O /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-SIG-Storage

yum install glusterfs-server glusterfs glusterfs-fuse -y

I have only this warning: when install glusterfs-selinux:

libsemanage.semanage_direct_install_info: Overriding glusterd module at lower priority 100 with module at priority 200.

Is a serious warning or I can ignore it?

Many thanks
Dario