Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar Invisible after update

This is a new rocky install as of probably a week ago. Today I ran software updates and one of them was a firefox update. I had set up my bookmarks and extensions already. After the update I had to toggle the extensions off / on for any of them to work again, and my bookmarks bar is now blank. The bookmarks still exist, but they are not showing in the toolbar at all.

@RenegadeSoup What Rocky Linux version did you install 9.1 or 8.7? Also, what is the version of Firefox that shows when you do help, about? For instance, Iā€™m running 9.1, it is fully updated, and my Firefox version is:

Extended Support Release
102.7.0esr (64-bit)

All of my extensions and plugins are fine (I didnā€™t have to muck with them) and the bookmark toolbar is there and functional.

If you right click on the ā€˜Tabā€™ row it will show a drop down menu where you can turn it on again. I prefer the old style with top row menu and always visible bookmarks tool bar there also selectable on the right click menu.

Iā€™m running Rocky Linux 9.1 with Firefox 102.7.0esr (64-bit)

after doing some more digging (and tweaking my search terms) I ran across a help page that described something similar to mine.

The recommendation was to go to Firefox help > More troubleshooting information > and run the ā€œverify integrityā€ function under the places database.

That has seemed to fix my issue.

1 Like

Showing and hiding the menu didnā€™t change anything. When I would show the toolbar it would expand the space where they were supposed to be, but they would be blank.

I did find a fix and post it in this thread though.