Download Speeds from rockylinux.org

I don’t know if this thread should be here or in Infrastructure. If the latter, could an Admin please move it.

I’m a long-time CentOS/RHEL user and administrator, so moving to Rocky Linux seems like a no-brainer.

I’m downloading 8.5 DVD from https://rockylinux.org/download/ . It has been running overnight and has reached 3.2Gb. The remaining time is still 18-19 hours.

Are the downloads usually this slow? I have decent broadband connectivity (at least enough to view Netflix and Prime, sometimes simultaneously) and have, in the past, used OBS Studio to stream Zoom calls direct to Facebook without issue.

Are there any known problems with downloading? Should I be using the Torrent link instead?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards,
Colin

For me it takes only 36 minute to download 8.5 DVD iso.

That’s what I was thinking it should take. I downloaded 8.4 (back in June 21) and it didn’t take that long.

Where in the world are you located? Have you tried a mirror site closer to you?

I’m in the UK. The issue has been resolved (and I’ll put up a separate post about this).

This issue has been resolved.

I called my ISP, went through their diagnostics and followed their advice. A reboot of the router fixed the problem.

Thanks for all the responses.

Colin