Broadcom / LSI 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI

Hi All,

I have an LSI SCSI card running a tape autochanger for a local charity and, up until Centos went to Stream, it was running on the Centos Plus kernel perfectly happily. I’ve swapped to Rocky 8, but there doesn’t seem to be an equivalent kernel to Centos Plus in the Rocky Plus repo.

LSPCI comes up with the following entry for the card:

SCSI storage controller: Broadcom / LSI 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI (rev c1)

Does anyone know if the driver for this card is hidden away in a repository somewhere or whether it needs to be compiled from the source code.

Thanks,

Jools

Please tell the Device ID (that one gets with ‘lspci -nn’).

Hi,

03:08.0 SCSI storage controller [0100]: Broadcom / LSI 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI [1000:0030] (rev c1)

I found kmod rpm called mpt3sas and loaded that but it doesn’t seem to made a difference.

Thanks.

OK, found the answer. This particular card uses the mptspi kernel module which does indeed exist in a kmod rpm, unsurprisingly called kmod-mptspi .

Solution for those looking is simply:

yum install kmod-mptspi

“Simply”? Or from a third-party repo?

EDIT: Looking 1000:0030 from ELRepo ELRepo | DeviceIDs finds that kmod-mptspi so I presume you have defined that repo first.

I suspect so, but am not near the box now and not at a place I can remote in from. However, it is now working.

Hello,

i have used Rocky 9.0 since last year. I also have installed

03:08.0 SCSI storage controller [0100]: Broadcom / LSI 53c1030 PCI-X Fusion-MPT Dual Ultra320 SCSI [1000:0030]

which runs perfect with mptspi.

Since Rocky 9.1 use ElRepo kmod-mptsas.
mptspi is now included.

SOLVED