Agentless Management Service offline installation for HPE GEN10 / Rocky Linux 8

Hi guys.

I want to install amsd on HPE gen 10 / rocky linux 8. I have found this procedure for online installation : HPE ProLiant Agentless Management Service - Documentation. However, I’m looking for the offline procedure because the server can’t access Internet for security reason. Can you help?

Best Regards,

Adapting the documentation on the Rocky, site, you can get the base_url from the repo file:

So, if we visit the website for baseurl, you get a directory listing of rpm packages that can be downloaded. The documentation states for installing the amsd rpm package using dnf. So, for offline install should be as simple as downloading the amsd rpm and then copying it to the server you wish to install it on. You may find other dependency packages are needed, so then you will need to download those manually as well and transfer to the server in a similar way to what we would do with the amsd package.

baseurl for RHEL8/Rocky 8 packages: HPE Software Delivery Repository

baseurl for RHEL9/Rocky 9 packages: HPE Software Delivery Repository

Another alternative, is configure a Rocky 8 server/machine/vm that does have access to the internet with the HPE repo, and then use the dnf --downloadonly parameter to download the packages and dependencies onto that machine, then transfer them to your server. That will save you having to manually resolve dependencies yourself by trial and error.

Since this is a HPE product, you may wish to search their documentation to see if they have a better offline installation method than the one I suggested.

1 Like

Thx Ian. According to the documentation, I must also install EPEL (Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux) . Would you know where can I download the rpm for HPE Gen 10 / Rocky 8.8 please?

Just adapt the url above by changing gen11 to gen10. You can even substitute 8 with 8.8 if it needs to be specific. But I’m pretty sure the latest 8.x would be fine, whether it is 8.5, 8.8 or 8.9.

And if you need EPEL packages, as mentioned previously, on the system that does have access to the internet, use the dnf --downloadonly parameter and all packages/dependencies will be downloaded, including those required from EPEL or wherever.