X2go server installation issue

Hello,
I was installing x2go server on rocky 8.9 but I get the following error:

$ sudo dnf install x2goserver
Last metadata expiration check: 0:04:48 ago on Wed 29 Nov 2023 02:35:00 PM UTC.
Error: 
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides perl(File::BaseDir) needed by x2goserver-4.1.0.3-17.el8.1.x86_64 from epel
  - nothing provides sshfs needed by x2goserver-4.1.0.3-17.el8.1.x86_64 from epel
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallable packages or '--nobest' to use not only best ca

Any suggestion?

Hmmā€¦ I donā€™t use x2go anymore, but I was able to install it without issue on a fully upgraded 8.9 container as a test. No complaints or unmet dependencies.

Did you install 8.9 fresh or is this an upgraded machine? If upgraded, what repositories other than the EPEL do you have enabled?

Let me try it on a new instanceā€¦

Error: 
 Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides perl(File::BaseDir) needed by x2goserver-4.1.0.3-17.el8.1.x86_64 from epel
  - nothing provides sshfs needed by x2goserver-4.1.0.3-17.el8.1.x86_64 from epel

Same as you. Let me see if you need to enable the CRB to get this going.

dnf config-manager --set-enabled powertools
dnf install x2goserver

That should get you going!

1 Like

@sspencerwire thanks a lot. Now it works!

1 Like

Linux CodeReadyBuilder (CRB) is trademarked name for additional RHEL repo that contains packages needed for building other packages.
(RHEL content in ā€˜baseosā€™ has support for 10 years, ā€œstreamsā€ in ā€˜appstreamā€™ have support for some years, and CRB has no official support.)

The name of corresponding repo in RL8 is powertools
The name of corresponding repo in RL9 is crb
It is disabled by default, because regular user should not need its packages.

Alas, some third-party packages that have used CRB do depend on features provided by CRB.
EPEL9 has the provider of ā€˜sshfsā€™, the fuse-sshfs package, while EPEL8 depends on CRB.

Just wanted to clarify (and thank jlehtone) that using crb was the trick to get x2go installed on RL9 after the perl error that started this post.

sudo dnf config-manager --set-enabled crb
sudo dnf -y install x2goclient x2goserver

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.