Was API mysqli loaded or not loaded, how may I check it up?

Hi ! Everyone there ! How are you?

I am writing the simplest PHP8 script to WEB-interface connection to MariaDB 10.5 in Rocky 9.1. Some years ago I used mysql extension to connect the MySQL 5.0 Database like below,

<?php mysql_connect ('localhost', 'my_username', 'password') or die ... Then recent textbook told me extension mysql_connect is no longer available to use. But Textbook suggest to use instead API mysqli (MySQL Improved). Now I tried to use mysqli. Up to now, no success yet. Thus here comes my question. How could I verify My WEB-SERVER Rocky9.1 has been loaded mysqli API already or not yet? Up to now, I did simplely the following MariaDB loading, # dnf install mariadb mariadb-server That's all I installed when it comes to Database is concerned. MariaDB is perfectly fine as judged by Terminal, CLi interface. I need to develop WEB-browser interface to connect MariaDB as a GUI. Thanks, any comment or any suggestion, I am waiting.

Hi ! Everyone, in after 20 minutes or so, I found it out how to check the loading status of mysqli (MySQL Improved). My WEB-SERVER has not been loaded. I checked it by,

$ php -m | grep mysqli

mkido@localhost$php -m | grep mysqli
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library ‘mysqli’ (tried: /usr/lib64/php/modules/mysqli (/usr/lib64/php/modules/mysqli: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory), /usr/lib64/php/modules/mysqli.so (/usr/lib64/php/modules/mysqli.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)) in Unknown on line 0
~/bin
mkido@localhost$

Now, how should I do for get mysqli loaded on my WEB-SERVER? Any good suggestion? Should I have to make a contract with fee?

As for any extension, you probably need to install it, so for xxx extension

dnf install php-xxx

So for mysqli

dnf install php-mysqli

And check installed extensions from command line

php --modules

And for the web server, you have to restart the php-fpm service

systemctl restart php-fpm

Thanks, I got it installed. Then PHP scripts started working. Thanks again. Bye now.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.