Talk(s) about Rocky Linux at FOSDEM'21?

Is there any interest in submitting talks on Rocky Linux for FOSDEM’21?

FOSDEM is a big open source meetup that takes place in Brussels (Belgium) every year.
The event is free to attend for everybody, requires no registration, and is entirely organized by volunteers. It attracts over 8,000 open source software developers over the weekend, from a wide variety of backgrounds (web development, Linux kernel developers, Linux distros, scientific computing, desktop environment, legal aspects, etc.).
FOSDEM’21 will be fully virtual due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The call for submissions for talk proposals is open right now, and closing (really) soon.
Devrooms (focused sessions) are expected to finalize their agendas by the end of the year.

Accepted talks will need to be pre-recorded by mid Jan.
Talks will be streamed during the weekend of Feb 6-7 2021, following by live Q&A + follow-up discussion.

Most relevant FOSDEM’21 devrooms and corresponding submission deadlines (more or less in order of relevance):

• Distribution devroom (submission deadline: Sun Dec 20th)
  • Main track (submission deadline: Fri Dec 25th)
  • HPC, Big Data & Data Science devroom (submission deadline: Tue Dec 15th - may be extended a bit)
  • Community devroom (submission deadline: Tue Dec 22nd)

(CfP links to devrooms available at https://fosdem.org/2021/schedule/tracks)

I’m co-organizing the HPC devroom at FOSDEM’21.

If somebody is interested in submitting one or more talks on Rocky Linux, I’m happy to help out with the submission!

4 Likes

Unfortunately I missed FOSDEM, did Rocky make it to the agenda?

Unfortunately we didn’t make it, but I’d absolutely love for the community to show up for FOSDEM '22 ! Could be a fun party :smiley: