Systemtap dependencies does not resolve

Hello,
I am thinking about migrating to Rocky. One issue that bothers me for a few weeks now is that I can’t seem to get systemtap to work on Rocky.

Installation of systemtap works fine, but when stap-prep tries to resolve dependencies and install them, i get a problem with kernel-debuginfo package. In RHEL it was as simple as installing system tap and doing stap-prep with debug repos enabled. on Rocky I get this: (am I missing something obvious here? :slight_smile: )

Could not find debuginfo package for the following installed packages: kernel-4.18.0-305.12.1.el8_4.x86_64
Could not find debugsource package for the following installed packages: kernel-4.18.0-305.12.1.el8_4.x86_64
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.
Complete!
package kernel-debuginfo-4.18.0-305.12.1.el8_4.x86_64 is not installed

problem installing rpm(s) kernel-debuginfo-4.18.0-305.12.1.el8_4.x86_64

Greetings @ScepticOzymandias ,
Welcome to the Rocky community!

I think what you are missing is that the repo is disabled by default for DebugInfo. Can you please check /etc/yum.repos.d/Rocky-Debuginfo.repo and make sure that the baseos-debug is enabled=1? I’m pretty confident that will resolve your immediate issue.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank You.
My mistake was that I was used to manage repos from satellite and completely forgot to check
/etc/yum.repos.d/Rocky-Debuginfo.repo , this indeed solved stap-prep dependencies.

1 Like