Support for Rocky with other tooling

Just stumbled onto this thread talking about Alma Linux support in other tools and packages.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AlmaLinux/comments/mj3nex/almalinux_and_foreman_katello/gt8ck6a?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

It may be worthwhile to proactively submit PRs or at least feature requests with the listed tools so Rocky is detected ASAP.

Foreman
Katello
Ansible
Facter
Puppet
libosinfo
Chef?
Salt?

We’re a datadog customer so I’m going to check on their support and get a feature request in their pipeline.

2 Likes

Nice! Thank you @bofkentucky . I know we had some folks working on this… and I have a draft PR to ansible in my inbox.

Please let us know if there’s anything you need from the RESF team!

IIRC, Chef, Salt, and Facter (puppet) are all set… but we should track this. Anyone is welcome to submit PRs for this stuff to the upstream tools :slight_smile:

1 Like

with respect to other tooling: I guess quite a few HPC users will be considering Rocky Linux, and that likely includes some overlap with Bright Cluster Manager users. According to Bright themselves:

“Alma Linux became available on March 30th 2021. On June 22nd 2021 Rocky Linux also became generally available. Bright Computing is currently working on adding support for one or both of these CentOS alternatives”

Anyone know if there is interaction between Bright and Rocky going on to smoothen this track?

1 Like

It would also be nice to have libosinfo updated to include Rocky. For now, using centos8 works and of course rhel8.x, but it just doesn’t seem right to use those when building new VMs under KVM/libvirt. :wink:

Datadog finally got their release with 1st class Rocky Linux support out this week. Release 7.33.0 · DataDog/datadog-agent · GitHub

1 Like