Rocky 9 V9.3 QCOW2

Hello everyone,
Stupid?
I am new here and I hope you guys take it easy with me.
I have downloaded the Rocky 9.3 QCOW2 to install it in my lab.

I can’t log into it. Can anyone forward the username and password?

Install into your lab using what exactly? The qcow2 images are cloud images, which are usually used with things like OpenStack which inject the SSH key into it during the creation of an instance. Username in this instance would be rocky and as far as I’m aware no passwords are configured for security reasons else if it was publicly available anyone would be able to connect to it if the password was “known”.

If you are using with KVM, then you should be instaling from ISO images instead.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Yes, I am using KVM and Cockpit to do the installation. I would install it with ISO. This is a great reference for future OpenStack installation, part of my learning projects.

1 Like

If you can find a way to inject an SSH key using cockpit (cockpit-machines), then you should be able to login that way. I’ve seen some users have a way of importing a VM in cockpit from a qcow2 and being able to inject a key that way, but I’ve not done it myself.

Thank you, I’ll do some research.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.