No sound on the laptop in RL9.1 with the Intel Jasper Lake HD Audio

Hello everyone!

Can you please help me enable sound on my laptop? I see ‘Dummy Output’ in the sound settings. I’ve tried some solutions from another thread but have no success.

**lspci -nn | grep media**
00:1f.3 Multimedia audio controller [0401]: Intel Corporation Jasper Lake HD Audio [8086:4dc8] (rev 01)

**lsmod | grep -i snd_hda_intel**
snd_hda_intel          57344  2
snd_intel_dspcfg       32768  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_sof_intel_hda_common
snd_hda_codec         176128  3 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_soc_hdac_hda
snd_hda_core          110592  7 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_ext_core,snd_hda_codec,snd_sof_intel_hda_common,snd_soc_hdac_hda,snd_sof_intel_hda
snd_pcm               151552  10 snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,soundwire_intel,snd_sof,snd_sof_intel_hda_common,snd_compress,snd_soc_core,snd_sof_utils,snd_hda_core
snd                   118784  17 snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_hda_codec_hdmi,snd_hwdep,snd_hda_intel,snd_hda_codec,snd_sof,snd_timer,snd_compress,snd_soc_core,snd_pcm

Have you tried adding snd_hda_intel.dmic_detect=0 to the grub commandline?

That solves the problem for some other Intel audio chipsets.

Thank you for the answer. Yes, I’ve tried that. Instead “Dummy Output” I see “HDMI/DisplayPort - Built-in-Audio”. But no sound anyway.

Are you sure the volume is turned up?

Yes, the volume is full.

Don’t forget that “HDMI / Displayport”, is not the same as “line out / speakers”.
HDMI is for when you’re using an HDMI cable going to e.g. a TV, and Displayport is for when your computer monitor has built-in speakers and a displayport cable.
At least that’s the case with a desktop, maybe the laptop works differently.

Yes, that’s clear. There is only one option in the sound settings when I add ‘snd_hda_intel.dmic_detect=0’ to the grub start line. And ‘Dummy Output’ by default.

Btw the problem has multiple mentions from other users and distributions. Unfortunately I still have not found the solution. :upside_down_face:

Thanks for the link, I’m trying some options…