New Install On Lenovo ThinkPad

Hello All,
I am a Linux beginner but I found out about Rocky Linux and I thought that I would give it a try. I just installed Rocky onto my Lenovo ThinkPad T470p that has an Intel i7 7820 HQ 8 core CPU and 32 GB of DDR4 RAM. The installation went smoothly and I am now using Rocky straight on my hardware, no virtual machine and no dual boot.

I will continue to use Rocky as long as I do not have any problems. As I indicated, I am a Linux newby so I may be asking for advice if I have any issues. ALSO, since I am running this system on hardware, I will try to answer any questions if anyone is curious about any specific aspect of my day to day operating.

Thanks all for the operating system. I hope that this works out for all of us.

Rocky Bennett

As a note. The installation was fairly straight forward, no surprises. I let the installer auto-partition my system since this is not a dual boot, so that went pretty quickly. I have added Thunderbird for my email and I have added Google Chrome for some of the sites that I have trouble using Firefox with.

It seems like a well rounded Linux desktop system. I will add a few more apps and programs to make this a complete laptop and I will report back on my progress.

Thanks.

Glad your install and experience is going well. If you need apps newer than those provided in the repositories, check out FlatHub Flathub—An app store and build service for Linux (follow the CentOS setup instructions to use it)