New computer, 9.1 and 8.7 fail to install

I’m new to Rocky Linux and I’m trying to install it on a new computer comprised of an Asus motherboard (Proart X670E Creator Wifi) with an AMD Ryzen 9 7900X CPU and an AMD Radeon Pro W5700 graphics card.

The motherboard was delivered with the latest firmware installed.

I’ve downloaded both the DVD ISO for 9.1 and 8.7 and burned them to a bootable USB on my Mac. Both install attempts fail early in the installation process, referencing the m.2 SSDs in the system. I found one reference to blacklisting a particular AMD video driver, which I tried without luck.

Since this is a new system and seemed possible it could be a hardware failure, I decided to try Ubuntu’s Desktop installation and it completes without issue.

Can anyone offer general suggestions? I’ve searched the forum for installation failures without any luck. I’m happy to blow out the Ubuntu installation and try Rocky again for specific error messages. I feel a bit guilty posting this without any detailed error messages.

Just guessing here. You might try some of these iommu kernel parameters one at a time.

amd_iommu=off
iommu=off
iommu= soft
iommu=pt

Thank you. I appreciate having a possible direction to run with it.