Glusterfs server and client different versions

Hello everyone,

hoping you are well, I hope you can help me with a problem for which I have not found documentation.

I have 3 hosts, 1 server with glusterfs 3.3.1 and 2 clients with glusterfs 6.10 and it is impossible for me to lift the mount on the client hosts. I rule out all kinds of problems since the server is operating and there are already other clients on the network with glusterfs 3.3.1 that lift the mount normally.

My question is, is the version of glusterfs compatible between 3.3.1 and 6.10? and is there a solution for this problem?

I inform that these servers are productive for which a change of version is impossible. I also have connectivity between the host to port 24007.

See Release Schedule for Gluster. Version 9/10 are the only ones that are not EOL, you should upgrade or replace any older versions yesterday, not investigate their inter-compatibility.

Read the docs at Upgrade-Guide Index - Gluster Docs

From what I can gather, the upgrade path would be something like:

• 3.3.1 → 3.5 (just a guess, not documented)
  • 3.5 → 3.7
  • 3.7 → 3.10
  • 3.10 → 5
  • 5 → 7
  • 7 → 10

Other upgrade paths may be possible, but this is what I can understand from the documentation at least.

I inform that these servers are productive for which a change of version is impossible.

I assume you mean “production” and if you are running an EOL Gluster version in production from 2012 you probably need to re-examine what exactly “impossible” means. I highly doubt it is, in fact, “impossible” to get onto a newer version of Gluster.