Version of rocky linux iso?

Hi all,

Just a little question about the name of the rockyLinux iso .
Now it’s Rocky-8.4-x86_64-minimal.iso for example for the minimum installation, but I think the iso is update regularly ?
It is possible to change the name of the iso with a eventual number of version ? To be sure to have the latest version, and so the first update faster :slight_smile:

Thank you very much and have a good day !

Hello @moradinddn

if you looking for live iso check this one

the next release will be for 8.5 which based on rhel 8.5

Hello and thank you, but it’s for the minimal iso (or the DVD1) we can download on this site.
The name of the iso is always “Rocky-8.4-x86_64-minimal.iso” but I think this ISO is update often, but the name of the iso doesn’t change. If we want to have the latest iso we must re-download the iso.

For exemple the last iso of CentOS8 is: [CentOS-8.4.2105-x86_64-dvd1.iso] → version 2105 and if we already have the version 2104, we can download the new one :slight_smile:

Sorry for my poor English :wink:

you welcome @moradinddn

and sorry for my miss understanding about the min iso

rocky 8.4 is based on rhel 8.4 same as centos 8.4 the 2105 it just centos style to include the year and date of the relese

if you check the date of the iso of centos here https://centos.hysing.is/8.4.2105/isos/x86_64/
it just a month earlier than the release date of rocky Index of /pub/rocky/8/isos/x86_64/

and do not be sorry about your english (it’s not my first language also :wink: )

redhat release 8.5 but still in beta once it release rocky and centos will release their 8.5 version

There was no 2104. The version before CentOS Linux 8.4.2105 was 8.3.2011.

The timestamp for Rocky 8.4 ISOs is 2021-06-20.

I don’t think so. The images seem to have been created when 8.4 was released. I would expect next ISOs will have 8.5.

The Live ISOs are a separate set. No idea how they behave; I have no need for them.

OK thank you both, my bad, for me the iso is update with new packages regularly but maybe not, OK just wait the first dnf update lol

you very welcome

the iso update when there new build it same as most os

windows get 2 build annualy in may and in nov(sometime octobar) same thing with rhel and centos and rocky
so even company who has a lot or resource and money would not do that

it would be resource consume to update the iso for each package update and also update after install rocky 8.4 will not take so long

i think the new rhel 8.5 will be released late oct or on nov and rocky 8.5 and centos 8.5 will follow

check this for the release cycle of rhel Red Hat Enterprise Linux Release Dates - Red Hat Customer Portal