Upgrade 8.5 -> 8.6

I recently upgraded two real machines and on vm guest using dnf.
There were a few things I noticed:

1. In all cases the initial shutdown part of the reboot process following the upgrade was very slow. Could be some service got stuck looking for an old file. I tried to switch to text console during the shutdown, but it was just a black screen with flashing cursor. In the end, it did reboot on it’s own.
  2. I still see an error at boot up
    mokvar: EFI MOKvar config table is not in EFI runtime memory
    As I understand it, this only happens in Rocky and not in RHEL?
  3. New version of systemd says
    systemd-sysctl[465]: Couldn't write '1' to 'vm/unprivileged_userfaultfd', ignoring: No such file or directory
  4. I don’t see any updates for LibreOffice (surprised about that).
  5. hwmon started working again on Asus/AMD. It was originally using NCT6796D (module nct6775) in RHEL8.0, then it broke in 8.1 and stayed broken for ages. It’s now using module ‘k10temp’, which was also broken in 8.5, but now works in 8.6, but the cpu temp readings look wrong, and I was unable to get the cpu fan speed, nor the voltages.

4. I don’t see any updates for LibreOffice (surprised about that)."

Yep that surprised me too. I had to go hunting for that too. Open Office (fka Star Office) is an equally good Office suite if you have problems finding / downloading Libre Office. I have yet to trick out the “Kitty Liter Box”, but I can’t even install the Nvidia Drivers. When I do, suddenly the system can’t find the Monitor and changes the res. from 1920 x 1080 => 1024 x 768. I am waiting till the next kernel comes out before I try to rollover ocelot from 8.5 => 8.6 again – the first time was a total disaster so I rolled it back.

Right now our GoTo OS is openSUSE 15.3 Leap. We are checking RL 8.6 on jaguar aka the Trashcan Monster (quad core with 6 GB of RAM (!!!), and got it ti also run on a Mac w/ 32 GB of RAM. We had trouble running it on a ASUS Prime X570 Pro mother board w Ryzen 9 5900X 12 core / 24 thread CPU, with 64 GB of GSkill Trident Z Neo, 3600 MHz RAM; yet openSUSE 15.3 Leap runs fine with nary a hiccup on the same machine. Go figure.