I recently upgraded two real machines and on vm guest using dnf.
There were a few things I noticed:
- In all cases the initial shutdown part of the reboot process following the upgrade was very slow. Could be some service got stuck looking for an old file. I tried to switch to text console during the shutdown, but it was just a black screen with flashing cursor. In the end, it did reboot on it’s own.
- I still see an error at boot up
mokvar: EFI MOKvar config table is not in EFI runtime memory
As I understand it, this only happens in Rocky and not in RHEL?
- New version of systemd says
systemd-sysctl: Couldn't write '1' to 'vm/unprivileged_userfaultfd', ignoring: No such file or directory
- I don’t see any updates for LibreOffice (surprised about that).
- hwmon started working again on Asus/AMD. It was originally using NCT6796D (module nct6775) in RHEL8.0, then it broke in 8.1 and stayed broken for ages. It’s now using module ‘k10temp’, which was also broken in 8.5, but now works in 8.6, but the cpu temp readings look wrong, and I was unable to get the cpu fan speed, nor the voltages.