Sync OneDrive on Rocky linux box

Hi, i would like to sync my Rocky 9.1 with OneDrive, I search onedrive* packages by dnf , no results… Are there script or knowledge on this argument?
In future there’ll be idea to develop, package for OneDrive or others Web Cloud Files?

There isn’t a onedrive client as such. Microsoft haven’t created it. The only ones I ever heard of were CLI-based, not GUI, but again they didn’t appear in repositories - separately downloadable from the people who created them.

Apparently rclone can be used with onedrive, haven’t tried it though, so would need to be checked/tested and is CLI based also.

There is this as a possibility: GitHub - abraunegg/onedrive: #1 Free OneDrive Client for Linux or https://abraunegg.github.io/ but it looks to be CLI only.

Potential paid option: Linux - Download Insync which costs $30 and not tested it, but there is 7 day trial option.

If you have a Synology NAS, you can do something like this (testing now and works).

Install Cloud Sync, connect it to your OneDrive account.
Use Synology Drive sync on Linux, and sync the directory from the NAS where OneDrive is syncing.

Currently syncing to my laptop, but seems to work. If I delete locally, it will be removed from the NAS, and then removed from OneDrive.

Laptop <–> Synology NAS <–> OneDrive

Will see what happens after full sync, and how it will work for deleting or adding files locally on my laptop. But in theory should be fine.

Hi,

an other possible option you can check is to mount your onedrive via webdav and davfs. So you have access from your linux system and you can sync via rsync or unison. But this are advanced ways requiere cli.

Maybe Rclone could be something for you?

Yes, that’s great, I found also “onedriver” to sync with OneDrive
Thank you so much!!

----------------------- Luigi de Cesaris -----------------------

Try on epel. It is a cli version but simple to sync with
onedrive --synchronize

The first time you run it, it will give you a link to follow on onedrive so you can authenticate with MS and give permission to the local client.

Last metadata expiration check: 0:18:08 ago on Sat 25 Feb 2023 18:56:37 GMT.
onedrive-2.4.20-3.el9.x86_64 : OneDrive Free Client written in D
Repo        : @System
Matched from:
Provide    : onedrive = 2.4.20-3.el9

onedrive-2.4.20-3.el9.x86_64 : OneDrive Free Client written in D
Repo        : epel
Matched from:
Provide    : onedrive = 2.4.20-3.el9