Setting use_fully_qualified_names in sssd.conf returns [Invalid SSSD configuration detected]

We seem to be experiencing this issue in Rocky Linux release 9.1 (Blue Onyx):

Setting use_fully_qualified_names in sssd.conf returns [Invalid SSSD configuration detected]

I tried registering for a red hat account to read how to work around it, but the solution is only available to premium members. Has anyone else experienced this in Rocky Linux? If so, do you know how to work around it?

Thanks,
Brad

Without looking at the article, my guess is that you are using default_domain_suffix in your configuration. When you have this set, it automatically sets use_fully_qualified_names to true. As a result, you can’t have both in sssd.conf at the same time if you are trying to set it as false.

You will need to remove one of the options from your configuration. If you want to set use_fully_qualified_names as false, you need to remove default_domain_suffix.

Thanks - that was the problem. I didn’t add these two conflicting statements - it seems that the default realmd config contains them already. I removed the default_domain_suffix though and that fixed sssd. Thanks for the help!

B