Ovirt self hosted engine install fails on Rocky. Ansible/Python issue

Hi

I’m posting this here as well as on the Ovirt forum in the hope someone can help. I have installed a Minimal Rocky build and updated to 8.6. I have installed Ovirt and am trying to create the self hosted management engine. The install fails with the following error -

[ ERROR ] fatal: [localhost]: FAILED! => {“changed”: false, “msg”:
“Python Module not found: firewalld and its python module are required for this
module, version 0.2.11 or newer required (0.3.9 or newer for offline operations)”}

Python 8.3.12 is installed and ansible [core 2.12.2].

Firewalld should be included even in the minimal.
What does dnf list \*firewalld\* reveal?

[root@frm-cta-ov3 ~]# dnf list *firewalld*
Last metadata expiration check: 3:34:07 ago on Thu 26 May 2022 10:19:37 BST.
Installed Packages
firewalld.noarch 0.9.3-13.el8 @baseos
firewalld-filesystem.noarch 0.9.3-13.el8 @baseos

I think everything that is needed is there but for whatever reason the interpreter is not allowing Python 3.8.12 to be used. I’ve tried using a defined path rather the auto or auto_legacy but it made no dice.

The system python is 3.6. Therefore, “firewalld module” is probably for 3.6 too. The 3.8 we can install “for user”, not for admin tasks, I presume.

Were you able to figure out a solution or work around for this?

Ah. I think 3.8 gets installed with Ovirt.
ansible --version returns the following -

ansible [core 2.12.2]
  config file = /etc/ansible/ansible.cfg
  configured module search path = ['/root/.ansible/plugins/modules', '/usr/share/ansible/plugins/modules']
  ansible python module location = /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/ansible
  ansible collection location = /root/.ansible/collections:/usr/share/ansible/collections
  executable location = /usr/bin/ansible
  python version = 3.8.12 (default, May 10 2022, 23:46:40) [GCC 8.5.0 20210514 (Red Hat 8.5.0-10)]
  jinja version = 2.10.3
  libyaml = True

I’m afraid not. I might just have to wait to see if the Ovirt project have a look.

The oVirt for RHEL9 says “non UEFI only”, but who on earth would run RHEL9 without UEFI?