Network issue - asynchronous routing

For my purposes, I need to use asynchronous routing. Since version 8.6, asynchronous routing with TCP stopped working, if I boot the previous kernel 4.18.0-348.12.2.el8_5.x86_64, then asynchronous routing works well. How to enable asynchronous routing in version of the kernel 4.18.0-372.9.1.el8.x86_64?

Welcome @Maksym ! It looks like this issue is reported by someone else to the upstream. In the meantime, I’ll post to the development team and see if they have a workaround other than booting to the previous kernel.

1 Like

Looks like this issue is still being investigated by the upstream. Your only recourse at the moment is to boot to the older kernel. From the RHEL issue:

“…8.6.0 contained a bug that caused connection tracking to fail in some cases, e.g. asymetric routing”

Hopefully, the kernel will be patched in an upcoming update.

Good Luck!

1 Like

Thanks for posting your issue. I depend on asymmetric routing for the HA firewall/routers that I have deployed. Anyone know if this affects ipv4 also? I don’t use ipv6. I am also using iptables rules still and just letting them get translated with the compat stuff.

Someone responded in Chat that it does affect ipv4 also. I can’t see the redhat bug so I am not sure what the workaround would be or why it would work.