Failed to install Wine on Rocky Linux 9.1

Hi there!
First of everything I would like to thank you to try to help me.
In second place I’m new at Rocky Linux and used to use Ubuntu Linux before.

My Rocky Linux specifications are:
OS Name: Rocky Linux 9.1 (Blue Onyx)
OS Type: 64-bit
GNOME Version: 40.4.0
Windowing System: Wayland

I tried installing wine in two different ways.

First way:
First of everything I would like to say that I already enable the EPEL repos to get wine packages.

1. When I type: ‘sudo dnf search wine’ the terminal shows me a list of wine versions.
  2. When I type ‘sudo dnf install wine’ the terminal shows me: Last metadata expiration check: 4:35:59 ago on Wed 07 Dec 2022 03:55:54 PM -03. No match for argument: wine Error: Unable to find a match: wine

2.1 If I try to type with the command ‘sudo dnf install wine-stable’ the terminal shows me: Last metadata expiration check: 4:39:23 ago on Wed 07 Dec 2022 03:55:54 PM -03. Error: Problem: package wine-stable-1:7.0.1-2.1.i686 requires wine-stable-common = 1:7.0.1-2.1, but none of the providers can be installed - cannot install the best candidate for the job - nothing provides libOSMesa.so.8 needed by wine-stable-common-1:7.0.1-2.1.i686 - nothing provides libm.so.6(GLIBC_2.35) needed by wine-stable-common-1:7.0.1-2.1.i686 (try to add ‘–skip-broken’ to skip uninstallable packages or ‘–nobest’ to use not only best candidate packages)

Anyway, its always impossible to make the things happen.
Please, could you help me? Thanks again, I wish you the best!

If you want to understand more about the errors (regardless of wine), try this first

dnf repolist all

then you can paste the terminal output into the forum using “preformatted text”, which will make it much easier to read (your terminal output above is all jumbled up).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.