Boot from iso on hard drive with kickstart

I have a remote server running Rocky 8. I want to install Rocky 9. I have enough disk space to leave my Rocky 8 installation in place. Since physical access is difficult, I would like to boot from an iso file on a hard disk and use a kickstart file.

Thanks to borispr, I am able to boot from an Iso. Now I am trying to get the kickstart to work. I have kept the anaconda-ks.cfg that was generated by the most recent install. I have modified the linux line in my menuenty by adding inst.ks= as follows:

linux (loop)isolinux/bmlinuz inst.noeject inst.stage2=hd:/dev/sda1:$isofile inst.ks=hd:/dev/sda1:/anaconda-ks.cfg

This boots from the iso and enters anaconda, which complains that the Installation Source and Installation Destination are invalid. I know that my kickstart file is being read because the KDUMP is disabled.

Here is my kickstart file. Any suggestions?

Generated by Anaconda 34.25.3.8

Generated by pykickstart v3.32

#version=RHEL9

Use graphical install

graphical

%addon com_redhat_kdump --disable

%end

Keyboard layouts

keyboard --xlayouts=‘us’

System language

lang en_US.UTF-8

%packages
@^server-product-environment
@headless-management
@web-server

%end

Run the Setup Agent on first boot

firstboot --enable

Generated using Blivet version 3.6.0

ignoredisk --only-use=sda

Partition clearing information

clearpart --none --initlabel

Disk partitioning information

part / --fstype=“ext4” --onpart=sda2
part pv.1082 --fstype=“lvmpv” --ondisk=sda --size=8588
part /boot/efi --fstype=“efi” --noformat --onpart=sda4 --fsoptions=“umask=0077,shortname=winnt”
part /boot --fstype=“ext4” --noformat --onpart=sda5
volgroup rl --pesize=4096 pv.1082
logvol swap --fstype=“swap” --size=8583 --name=swap --vgname=rl

System timezone

timezone America/New_York --utc

Root password

rootpw --iscrypted --allow-ssh Encrypted password here
user --groups=wheel --name=bill --password=Encrypted password here --iscrypted --gecos=“William H. Bean”

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.