Unable to generate Rocky Linux 8.9 OVA with SCSI controller type

Hi everyone,

I’m encountering an issue while trying to generate an OVA using Packer with Rocky Linux 8.9 minimal ISO. When I use the IDE or SATA controller type in my Packer JSON file, the OVA generation is successful. However, when I switch to the SCSI controller type with "hard_drive_interface": "SCSI", I encounter the following error while it reads kickstart file: “Disk ‘sda’ mentioned in ignoredisk command doesn’t exist.”

Problem Details:

• ISO Used: Rocky-8.9-x86_64-minimal.iso
  • Error Message: “Disk ‘sda’ mentioned in ignoredisk command doesn’t exist.”
  • Packer JSON Configuration:
{
  "builders": [
    {
      "type": "virtualbox-iso",
      "iso_url": "https://download.rockylinux.org/pub/rocky/8/isos/x86_64/Rocky-8.9-x86_64-minimal.iso",
      "hard_drive_interface": "SCSI", // Error occurs with SCSI controller type
      // Other configuration options...
    }
  ]
}

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Use the provided Rocky Linux 8.9 minimal ISO.
  2. Configure Packer with the given JSON file and set "hard_drive_interface": "SCSI".
  3. Run Packer to generate the OVA.
  4. Observe the error message mentioned above.

Expected Behavior: The OVA generation should be successful with the SCSI controller type as it is with IDE and SATA.

Additional Notes: I’ve tried troubleshooting this issue by checking the disk configurations and other relevant settings, but I haven’t been able to resolve it. Any insights or suggestions on how to overcome this problem would be greatly appreciated!

I’m also having the same problem with SCSI controller. Did you figure out a solution?