Touchscreen with 9.3 on a Raspberry Pi 4

Greetings!

I want to use a touchscreen monitor with my Raspberry Pi4 running 9.3. This is the type of screen where the pi just plugs into the screen with a ribbon cable from the display port to the monitor.

Search on Amazon for this: FREENOVE 7 Inch Touchscreen Monitor

The description says “Compatible with Raspberry Pi OS (multi-touch available) / Ubuntu (single touch only).”

I’d be fine with single touch–is there a package available for Rocky that will enable this?

I’ve built a fair amount of software with mock already so if there’s a package on fedora or ? that provides this please let me know.

Thanks!

Jeff Ross

Hi Jeff,

The images found here should work fine as those images use the Rpi Foundation kernel. Have you tried one of those images or ?
Bryan

I don’t have the touchscreen yet. I see this:

jross@rpi4:~$ uname -a
Linux rpi4 6.1.31-v8.1.el9.altarch #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jun 10 22:16:20 UTC 2023 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

So perhaps the touchscreen will just work when it gets here. Given my lack of success getting a RealTimeClock module to work on the RPi4 I guess maybe I was just overly worried.

I’d much rather stick with Rocky than fall back to raspian to get the touchscreen to work.

Thanks for the rapid reply!

Jeff

certainly let us know how your adventure goes.

Also, you’re welcome to join us over on mattermost

-Bryan

Will do and thanks for the link to mattermost–I didn’t know it existed!

Jeff