Tesseract will not update

tesseract will not update due to conflict, output below. Getting around this for now by excluding it when updating the system. Been seeing this for about a month to 6 weeks now. Anyone idea how to fix this please?

$ sudo yum update
Last metadata expiration check: 3:46:21 ago on Sun 23 Jan 2022 07:41:45 GMT.
Dependencies resolved.

Package Architecture Version Repository Size

Upgrading:
tesseract x86_64 4.1.1-2.el8 appstream 10 M

Transaction Summary

Upgrade 1 Package

Total size: 10 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
[SKIPPED] tesseract-4.1.1-2.el8.x86_64.rpm: Already downloaded
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
The downloaded packages were saved in cache until the next successful transaction.
You can remove cached packages by executing ‘yum clean packages’.
Error: Transaction test error:
file /usr/share/tesseract/tessdata/eng.traineddata from install of tesseract-4.1.1-2.el8.x86_64 conflicts with file from package tesseract-langpack-eng-4.0.0-6.el8.noarch

dnf list tesseract\* reveals that ‘tesseract’ is in ‘appstream’ but all the ‘tesseract-*’ come from ‘epel’.

While Rocky’s AppStream has already 4.1.1-2.el8, the additional packages in EPEL are still 4.0.0-6.el8 (except the devel and tools) that are version 4.1.0-2.el8.

Essentially, I see two paths:

• Keep old tesseract until EPEL updates. Preferably, file a bug report to EPEL to inspire their maintainer to update the packages
  • Remove tesseract-langpack-eng, etc so that the core tesseract can be updated

I contacted the maintainers several weeks ago now, but have had no reply. So for now I’m excluding package when running update (a.k.a. waiting).