Ssh client issues

First time here…
We have over 100 linux system that I manage, mostly centos 7, but some others as well, and this is my first attempt with Rocky. System loaded fine, and I can ssh into it from my system and other systems. However, I cant ssh from rocky to any other system. I have tried ubuntu and centos. I have tried running ssh -vvv from the rocky host, and it just takes a while then generates a connection timed out. I can ping the remote host fine, and can ssh from the remote host into the rocky host no problem. I can also run tcpdump on the remote host, and I see ssh packets going between the systems in both directions.
Whats up with the ssh client on rocky. Any ideas?

[root@d18itadmin ~]# ssh -v remotehostname OpenSSH_8.0p1, OpenSSL 1.1.1k FIPS 25 Mar 2021
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config.d/05-redhat.conf
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/crypto-policies/back-ends/openssh.config
debug1: configuration requests final Match pass
debug1: re-parsing configuration
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config.d/05-redhat.conf
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/crypto-policies/back-ends/openssh.config
debug1: Connecting to remotehostname [x.x.x.x] port 22.
debug1: connect to address x,x,x,x port 22: Connection timed out
ssh: connect to host remotehostname port 22: Connection timed out [user@localhost~]

From the Rocky machine can you do:

telnet remotehostname 22

if it cannot connect to port 22 then it’s not a problem with SSH, but either network/firewall issue.

Uggh, I’m stupid and forgot I put it in our Sentinel One test firewall group.
Once I removed it from that group, it starting working. Thanks for the nudge in the right direction.

1 Like