Rockylinux8.4 and Rockylinux8.5 not support Inter I226_V network interface

In new device, The device features four I226_V network adapter chips,Install this rockylinux8.4 or rockylinux8.5 ISO on the device. these network interfaces do not found and show error “igc:probe of 0000:05:00.0 failed with error -2”. Use “lsmod | grep igc” can show igc drive. Is the NIC driver supported in RockyLinux8.4 or RockyLinux8.5? The rockylinux8.6 can found thess NIC .

Rocky Linux 8.4 and 8.5 are no longer supported. I would recommend that you install Rocky Linux 8.6 and keep your systems up to date.

With that being said, if you find a device is not working or there is not a driver provided by our packaged kernels, you can look into using https://elrepo.org (dnf install elrepo-release) and they may have a kernel or kmod for the hardware that may not be working.

ok, Thanks for you help.

Furthermore, when reporting an unsupported device, please provide info from lspci -nn.

For example:

$ lspci -nn | grep -i net
00:1f.6 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (14) I219-LM [8086:15f9] (rev 11)

The important detail is the device ID, which is [8086:15f9] in the sample above.
If you can find the ID from ELRepo | DeviceIDs then you know whether and which kmod package ELRepo has for that device.