Rocky Linux Shell Login on VMware ESXi 7

Hello!

So Im having some problems with the console of Rocky Linux 9 on VMware ESXi 7.0u3 and was wondering if anyone else is having the same problems. I am able to load the operating system with no problem and able to even ssh in and verify logs and so forth not indicating any problems however post the install and reboot into the operating system the keyboard typing at the login shell isnt captured. It seems to be consistent across any browsers and I can even replicate the issue across other RHEL spinoffs (such as centos) so I think there is something odd going on. I know the inputs from the VMware web console and VMware remote console work fine as you can actually hit a key on the grub menu and tinker with the boot options and even during the graphical install the keyboard inputs are working. Its ONLY after the OS boots and you are at the login prompt does the keyboard functionality not work properly.

Rocky Linux 8 experiences something very similar but there is a slight difference. In version 8 you cannot see what your typing in the username field but when you hit enter the password field is prompted and typing in your password logs you in and after that first login if you log out and back in the tty console seems to operate correctly.

Has anyone else experienced this issue and if so happen to have fixed it?

Logging into the machine via ssh works perfectly fine and I do not see any odd messages indicating any kind of problems in any of the logs such as dmesg.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.