Problem with rocky linux shutdown -> network link

Hi,

i’ve installed rocky linux on my nas a few weeks ago and like it a lot.

My nas has to network connections:

• 1Gps to the router, adress via dhcp
  • 2.5Gps to my main pc via a direct connection lan card to lan card, ips manually set

The setup is working fine and the speed is good but…

When my pc is off and the link on the 2.5 Card is down, the nas cannot shutdown and will be hang forever.
The messages in journal are:

NetworkManager.service: State 'stop-sigterm' timed out. Killing.
Feb 03 14:23:24 bananas systemd[1]: NetworkManager.service: Killing process 691 (NetworkManager) with signal SIGKILL.
Feb 03 14:23:54 bananas systemd[1]: NetworkManager.service: Processes still around after SIGKILL. Ignoring.
Feb 03 14:24:24 bananas systemd[1]: NetworkManager.service: State 'final-sigterm' timed out. Killing.
Feb 03 14:24:24 bananas systemd[1]: NetworkManager.service: Killing process 691 (NetworkManager) with signal SIGKILL.
Feb 03 14:24:55 bananas systemd[1]: NetworkManager.service: Processes still around after final SIGKILL. Entering failed mode.
Feb 03 14:24:55 bananas systemd[1]: NetworkManager.service: Failed with result 'timeout'.
Feb 03 14:24:55 bananas systemd[1]: NetworkManager.service: Unit process 691 (NetworkManager) remains running after unit stopped.
Feb 03 14:24:55 bananas systemd[1]: Stopped Network Manager.

On the attached screen the last i see is a stack trace for networkmanager.

If my pc is on during the shutdown, the nas go out without problems.

Have anyone a tip for me, how to get the nas shutdown clean?

Thanks
Tobias

Hi,

for all that are running into similar problems:
powertop --auto-tune was the culprit: I’m running this at startup for yeas to save a few watts on the nas, so far without problems. Since the new 2.5g card is installed, i got the described problem.
I’ve disabled the powertop run at startup and everytinhg is running fine.

Thanks