NFS on Rocky 9.2

Hi Guys

Running Rocky 9.2

cat /etc/redhat-release
Rocky Linux release 9.2 (Blue Onyx)

I got here by doing a migrate from Centos 8.5 across to Rocky 8.8 and using the standard scripts.

I then used Elevate from Alma to upgrade to Rocky 9.2 (i know in place upgrades are frowned upon - but i took an image of the hard drive to another drive using clonezilla before the upgrade) and surprisingly everthing came across without any issues - in the pre flight check it warned me that NFS was not support so i removed the NFS utils modules and then eveything went through.

I am now trying to reinstall NFS (to enable the system to share out some NFS folders) and am getting an error

Kernel is

uname -r
5.14.0-284.25.1.el9_2.x86_64

I installed NFS using

yum install nfs-utils

and it went through fine

This is what i see when i try to install again

yum install nfs-utils
Last metadata expiration check: 2:17:00 ago on Sat 26 Aug 2023 09:49:19.
Package nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64 is already installed.
Dependencies resolved.
Nothing to do.

So it appears to me that it is installed and working OK - but i am not able to mount any shares. I have a dedicated 10GB VLAN and have two ESXi hosts in my lab that wwre previously working fine (nothing has changed on them)

I am seeing Network manager errors in /var/log/messages that i feel are also somehow related as they point to that dedicated NIC.

Sep 12 14:05:36 mediastore8 systemd[1]: run-docker-netns-649b02bc11eb.mount: Deactivated successfully.
Sep 12 14:05:36 mediastore8 systemd[1]: var-lib-docker-overlay2-659742d6ad8a64d10bf45eacd34efed55bff4850b7f198e713bb7cbd4ba46ec9-merged.mount: Deactivated successfully.
Sep 12 14:05:36 mediastore8 kernel: nfsd: shutting down export module (net: f000085b).
Sep 12 14:05:36 mediastore8 kernel: nfsd: export shutdown complete (net: f000085b).
Sep 12 14:05:36 mediastore8 kernel: RPC:       unregistering /proc/net/rpc
Sep 12 14:05:50 mediastore8 kernel: svc_age_temp_xprts
Sep 12 14:06:09 172.16.100.254  6610-Basement System: Interface ethernet 1/3/7, state down
Sep 12 14:06:09 172.16.100.254  6610-Basement System: Interface ethernet 1/3/7, state up
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 NetworkManager[1258]: <info>  [1694491568.9865] device (enp1s0): state change: ip-config -> failed (reason 'ip-config-unavailable', sys-iface-state: 'managed')
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 NetworkManager[1258]: <warn>  [1694491568.9870] device (enp1s0): Activation: failed for connection 'Intel_10GB'
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 NetworkManager[1258]: <info>  [1694491568.9873] device (enp1s0): state change: failed -> disconnected (reason 'none', sys-iface-state: 'managed')
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 avahi-daemon[1260]: Withdrawing address record for fe80::23b4:a955:61cc:61b on enp1s0.
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 avahi-daemon[1260]: Leaving mDNS multicast group on interface enp1s0.IPv6 with address fe80::23b4:a955:61cc:61b.
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 kernel: nfsd_inet6addr_event: removed fe80:0000:0000:0000:23b4:a955:61cc:061b
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 avahi-daemon[1260]: Interface enp1s0.IPv6 no longer relevant for mDNS.
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 NetworkManager[1258]: <info>  [1694491568.9905] dhcp4 (enp1s0): canceled DHCP transaction
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 NetworkManager[1258]: <info>  [1694491568.9905] dhcp4 (enp1s0): activation: beginning transaction (timeout in 45 seconds)
Sep 12 14:06:08 mediastore8 NetworkManager[1258]: <info>  [1694491568.9906] dhcp4 (enp1s0): state changed no lease
Sep 12 14:06:09 mediastore8 kernel: ixgbe 0000:01:00.0 enp1s0: detected SFP+: 5
Sep 12 14:06:09 mediastore8 kernel: ixgbe 0000:01:00.0 enp1s0: NIC Link is Up 10 Gbps, Flow Control: RX/TX
Sep 12 14:06:09 mediastore8 NetworkManager[1258]: <info>  [1694491569.4169] device (enp1s0): carrier: link connected
Sep 12 14:06:09 mediastore8 NetworkManager[1258]: <info>  [1694491569.4171] device (Intel_10GB.200): carrier: link connected
Sep 12 14:06:28 mediastore8 kernel: svc_pool_stats_start, *pidx=0

There is nothing wrong with the link or cabling/NIC - i have succesfully rebooted to the older Centos 8 Boot drive and the NFS mounts are recognized at the ESXi end with no problems and there are no errors in the log files re NetworkManager

Craig

OK a bit more progress - apparently Rocky9 appears to be happier with the new NetworkManager paradigm

So following this series of articles

I migrated my configuration across to the new nmtui/NetworkManager environment.

Still has not resolved the NFS issues but the up and down of the interface appears to have been resolved.

Craig

1 Like

OK, so if the interface up/down issues appear to be resolved, then what is the issue with NFS? Do you have any specific errors?

Do you have your NFS shares defined and recognized by the system?
You have ruled out any kind of local firewall issue? (I’ve not used the elevate script or similar, best to verify nothing was reset to default for firewalld and/or zones etc.)

What is the output of each of these commands?

showmount -e localhost
systemctl status -l nfs-server.service
systemctl status -l rpcbind.service

Good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

No i do not have any errors - on the ESXI clients i am just told that the NFS mount point is not available. On a linux (Ubunutu 20.04) VM i spun up i am told that the share is not accessible.

I have disabled the firewall

I am using the same exports file as previously (i have now added extra entries to it for troubleshooting)

In relation to the commands you are asking for - here we go

[root@mediastore8 ~]# showmount -e localhost
clnt_create: RPC: Program not registered
[root@mediastore8 ~]#
[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemctl status -l nfs-server.service
â—‹ nfs-server.service - NFS server and services
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service; enabled; preset: disabled)
    Drop-In: /run/systemd/generator/nfs-server.service.d
             └─order-with-mounts.conf
     Active: inactive (dead)
[root@mediastore8 ~]#

[root@mediastore8 ~]# ^C
[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemctl status -l rpcbind.service
â—Ź rpcbind.service - RPC Bind
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/rpcbind.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Wed 2023-09-13 15:35:55 AEST; 18h ago
TriggeredBy: â—Ź rpcbind.socket
       Docs: man:rpcbind(8)
   Main PID: 1222 (rpcbind)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 95804)
     Memory: 2.6M
        CPU: 69ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/rpcbind.service
             └─1222 /usr/bin/rpcbind -w -f

Sep 13 15:35:55 mediastore8.curtin.home systemd[1]: Starting RPC Bind...
Sep 13 15:35:55 mediastore8.curtin.home systemd[1]: Started RPC Bind.
[root@mediastore8 ~]#

And in the exports file i have

[root@mediastore8 etc]# cat exports
/Storage/Virtual-Machines       192.168.202.0/255.255.255.0(async,rw,no_root_squash,insecure)
/Storage/Virtual-Machines       172.16.200.0/255.255.255.0(async,rw,no_root_squash,async,insecure)
/Storage/Virtual-Machines       172.16.100.0/255.255.255.0(async,rw,no_root_squash,async,insecure)
/Storage/Virtual-Machines       192.168.86.0/255.255.255.0(async,rw,no_root_squash,async,insecure)
[root@mediastore8 etc]#

So it looks like there is a problem with the RPCbind and NFS modules

I have uninstalled both, rebooted and reinstalled them and still get the same errors.

I then did some google searching and followed a number of threads such as this

And ensured that nothing was masked out.

I found another thread that spoke about corrupted config files in the /var/lib/nfs directory and went through and removed all of them and then used the appropriate tools to recreate them

Any ideas ?

Craig

This NFS server is not running. Why?

OK, so if the nfs-server service is stopped / not running then that’s a biggie.
Have you tried to manually start it? If so, are there any resulting errors either to the console or journal?

I’ve rarely seen a situation where rpcbind and nfs-server got into a race condition. Possible that could be the case here, and causing nfs-server not to start correctly…

Verify the nfs-server service is stopped:

systemctl stop nfs-server.service

… then try to start it again:

systemctl start nfs-server.service

Now try to list your exports from this same machine (i.e. locally) again:

showmount -e localhost

If you still get the rpc error then there’s something causing the nfs server to fail to start.
Perhaps share your /etc/nfs.conf next?

Failed to start nfs-server.service: Unit nfs-convert.service not found.
[root@mediastore8 ~]#

A cat of the nfs.conf on the machine as well.

[root@mediastore8 etc]# cat nfs.conf
#
# This is a general configuration for the
# NFS daemons and tools
#
[general]
# pipefs-directory=/var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs
#
[nfsrahead]
# nfs=15000
# nfs4=16000
#
[exports]
# rootdir=/export
#
[exportfs]
# debug=0
#
[gssd]
# verbosity=0
# rpc-verbosity=0
# use-memcache=0
# use-machine-creds=1
use-gss-proxy=1
# avoid-dns=1
# limit-to-legacy-enctypes=0
# context-timeout=0
# rpc-timeout=5
# keytab-file=/etc/krb5.keytab
# cred-cache-directory=
# preferred-realm=
# set-home=1
# upcall-timeout=30
# cancel-timed-out-upcalls=0
#
[lockd]
# port=0
# udp-port=0
#
[exportd]
# debug="all|auth|call|general|parse"
# manage-gids=n
# state-directory-path=/var/lib/nfs
# threads=1
# cache-use-ipaddr=n
# ttl=1800
[mountd]
# debug="all|auth|call|general|parse"
# manage-gids=n
# descriptors=0
# port=0
# threads=1
# reverse-lookup=n
# state-directory-path=/var/lib/nfs
# ha-callout=
# cache-use-ipaddr=n
# ttl=1800
#
[nfsdcld]
# debug=0
# storagedir=/var/lib/nfs/nfsdcld
#
[nfsdcltrack]
# debug=0
# storagedir=/var/lib/nfs/nfsdcltrack
#
[nfsd]
# debug=0
# threads=8
# host=
# port=0
# grace-time=90
# lease-time=90
# udp=n
# tcp=y
# vers3=y
# vers4=y
# vers4.0=y
# vers4.1=y
# vers4.2=y
rdma=y
rdma-port=20049

[statd]
# debug=0
# port=0
# outgoing-port=0
# name=
# state-directory-path=/var/lib/nfs/statd
# ha-callout=
# no-notify=0
#
[sm-notify]
# debug=0
# force=0
# retry-time=900
# outgoing-port=
# outgoing-addr=
# lift-grace=y

Thansk for hanging in there and trying to help

regards

Craig

This NFS server is not running. Why?

Yep no idea - thats what i have come to to the gurus !

To recap - as part of the migration to Rocky from Centos i did an inplace upgrade from Rocky 8.8 using Elevate from Almalinux and went to Rocky 9.2

As part of the preflight check for Elevate it noted that NFS was not supported.

I therefore uninstalled it prior to doing the upgrade.

Once finished i then did a reinstall and it seems to install fine - just this ongoing issue.

Craig

Plot thickens!

Who has nfs-convert? dnf provides */nfs-convert.service

I can tell that AlmaLinux 9 does not have, nor require such thing. Why does your/Rocky’s service require it?

However, the nfs-utils of AlmaLinux 8 (and probably Rocky 8) does provide nfs-convert.service.

Please show:

dnf list nfs-utils
Failed to start nfs-server.service: Unit nfs-convert.service not found.

OK, now that is interesting…

What are the details (links, date, size, etc.) of your nfs-server.service systemd service file?

# ls -lah /etc/systemd/system/multi-user-target.wants/nfs-server.service 

What is the content of that file?

# cat /etc/systemd/system/multi-user-target.wants/nfs-server.service 

Also, would you please provide the output of this command?

dnf repolist enabled

As jlehtone mentioned, nfs-convert.service is part of RHEL 8 (included in the nfs-utils package, specifically), but is not included in RHEL 9; as with any other systemd service file, a dependency on a non-existing service will cause the main service to fail.

While uncertain, given that I’ve never used any of the convert or elevate scripts myself, it sounds like some of your systemd service files–the nfs ones at the very least?–are still RHEL 8 ones… ?
That also might explain why all the NFS shares were working with the prior RL8 installation.

I thnk you might be onto something here

So here is the output from the various commands.

[root@mediastore8 ~]# dnf provides */nfs-convert.service
Last metadata expiration check: 0:09:48 ago on Sat 16 Sep 2023 11:31:01.
Error: No matches found. If searching for a file, try specifying the full path or using a wildcard prefix ("*/") at the beginning.
[root@mediastore8 ~]#
[root@mediastore8 ~]# dnf list nfs-utils
Last metadata expiration check: 0:11:15 ago on Sat 16 Sep 2023 11:31:01.
Installed Packages
nfs-utils.x86_64                                                                                    1:2.5.4-18.el9                                                                                     @baseos
[root@mediastore8 ~]#
[root@mediastore8 ~]#  ls -lah /etc/systemd/system/multi-user-target.wants/nfs-server.service
ls: cannot access '/etc/systemd/system/multi-user-target.wants/nfs-server.service': No such file or directory
[root@mediastore8 ~]#
[root@mediastore8 ~]# cat /etc/systemd/system/multi-user-target.wants/nfs-server.service
cat: /etc/systemd/system/multi-user-target.wants/nfs-server.service: No such file or directory
[root@mediastore8 ~]#
[root@mediastore8 ~]# dnf repolist enabled
repo id                                                                                           repo name
appstream                                                                                         Rocky Linux 9 - AppStream
baseos                                                                                            Rocky Linux 9 - BaseOS
copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:kylegospo:google-coral-dkms                                        Copr repo for google-coral-dkms owned by kylegospo
docker-ce-stable                                                                                  Docker CE Stable - x86_64
elevate                                                                                           ELevate
elrepo                                                                                            ELRepo.org Community Enterprise Linux Repository - el9
epel-cisco-openh264                                                                               Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 9 openh264 (From Cisco) - x86_64
extras                                                                                            Rocky Linux 9 - Extras
webmin-noarch                                                                                     Webmin - noarch
[root@mediastore8 ~]#

So not sure exactly what this all means

It looks like all my repos are for V9 so you would think that installing from scratch would do it.

I have taken a Clonezilla image of this disk yesterday. So whilst i wait to hear back from you guys, i will go through and remove all the NFS and RPC stuff and manually delete all the service files etc that deal with them and then remove the config files and report back

Craig

Here is the first stage of doing that

[root@mediastore8 ~]# yum remove rpcbind
Dependencies resolved.
==============================================================================================================================================================================================================
 Package                                          Architecture                                  Version                                                  Repository                                      Size
==============================================================================================================================================================================================================
Removing:
 rpcbind                                          x86_64                                        1.2.6-5.el9                                              @baseos                                        111 k
Removing dependent packages:
 nfs-utils                                        x86_64                                        1:2.5.4-18.el9                                           @baseos                                        1.2 M

Transaction Summary
Remove  2 Packages

Freed space: 1.3 M
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Running transaction check
Transaction check succeeded.
Running transaction test
Transaction test succeeded.
Running transaction
  Preparing        :                                                                                                                                                                                      1/1
  Running scriptlet: nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      1/2
Removed "/etc/systemd/system/remote-fs.target.wants/nfs-client.target".
Removed "/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nfs-client.target".
Removed "/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/nfs-server.service".

Erasing          : nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      1/2
  Running scriptlet: nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      1/2
  Running scriptlet: rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           2/2
Removed "/etc/systemd/system/sockets.target.wants/rpcbind.socket".
Removed "/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/rpcbind.service".

Erasing          : rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           2/2
  Running scriptlet: rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           2/2
  Verifying        : nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      1/2
  Verifying        : rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           2/2
Installed products updated.

Removed:
  nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64                                                                          rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64

Complete!
[root@mediastore8 ~]#

Craig

This might be the source of the problem - files left behind after the uninstall

[root@mediastore8 system]# ls
basic.target.wants                          dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service  multi-user.target.wants      nfs-server.service.requires        sockets.target.wants   vmtoolsd.service.requires
bluetooth.target.wants                      dbus.service                                network-online.target.wants  printer.target.wants               sysinit.target.wants
dbus-org.bluez.service                      default.target                              nfs-blkmap.service.requires  rpc-gssd.service.requires          syslog.service
dbus-org.freedesktop.Avahi.service          getty.target.wants                          nfs-idmapd.service.requires  rpc-statd-notify.service.requires  sysstat.service.wants
dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service  graphical.target.wants                      nfs-mountd.service.requires  rpc-statd.service.requires         timers.target.wants
[root@mediastore8 system]# cat nfs-blkmap.service.requires/
cat: nfs-blkmap.service.requires/: Is a directory
[root@mediastore8 system]# cd nfs-blkmap.service.requires/
[root@mediastore8 nfs-blkmap.service.requires]# ls
nfs-convert.service
[root@mediastore8 nfs-blkmap.service.requires]#

OK i think we might be onto something here

After going through and deleting all the symlinks and directories etc as listed above - i have then run the installs again and we seem to be much further along

[root@mediastore8 ~]# yum install rpcbind
Last metadata expiration check: 0:36:55 ago on Sat 16 Sep 2023 11:31:01.
Dependencies resolved.
 Package                                          Architecture                                    Version                                               Repository                                       Size
Installing:
 rpcbind                                          x86_64                                          1.2.6-5.el9                                           baseos                                           56 k

Transaction Summary
Install  1 Package

Total download size: 56 k
Installed size: 111 k
Downloading Packages:
rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                                                                948 kB/s |  56 kB     00:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                                                                                                                                                          71 kB/s |  56 kB     00:00
Running transaction test
Running transaction
  Preparing        :                                                                                                                                                                                      1/1
  Running scriptlet: rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           1/1
  Installing       : rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           1/1
  Running scriptlet: rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           1/1
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/rpcbind.service → /usr/lib/systemd/system/rpcbind.service.
Created symlink /etc/systemd/system/sockets.target.wants/rpcbind.socket → /usr/lib/systemd/system/rpcbind.socket.

Verifying        : rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                           1/1

Installed:
  rpcbind-1.2.6-5.el9.x86_64

Complete!
[root@mediastore8 ~]# yum install nfs-utils
Last metadata expiration check: 0:37:12 ago on Sat 16 Sep 2023 11:31:01.
Dependencies resolved.
 Package                                           Architecture                                   Version                                                Repository                                      Size
Installing:
 nfs-utils                                         x86_64                                         1:2.5.4-18.el9                                         baseos                                         426 k

Transaction Summary
Install  1 Package

Total download size: 426 k
Installed size: 1.2 M
Downloading Packages:
nfs-utils-2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64.rpm                                                                                                                                             984 kB/s | 426 kB     00:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total                                                                                                                                                                         384 kB/s | 426 kB     00:01
Running transaction test
Running transaction
  Running scriptlet: nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      1/1
  Installing       : nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      1/1
  Running scriptlet: nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      1/1
  Verifying        : nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64                                                                                                                                                      1/1

Installed:
  nfs-utils-1:2.5.4-18.el9.x86_64

Complete!
[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemctl enable rpcbind
[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemctl enable nfs-utils
The unit files have no installation config (WantedBy=, RequiredBy=, Also=,
Alias= settings in the [Install] section, and DefaultInstance= for template
units). This means they are not meant to be enabled or disabled using systemctl.

Possible reasons for having this kind of units are:
• A unit may be statically enabled by being symlinked from another unit's
  .wants/ or .requires/ directory.
• A unit's purpose may be to act as a helper for some other unit which has
  a requirement dependency on it.
• A unit may be started when needed via activation (socket, path, timer,
  D-Bus, udev, scripted systemctl call, ...).
• In case of template units, the unit is meant to be enabled with some
  instance name specified.
[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemctl start rpcbind
[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemclt start nfs-utils
-bash: systemclt: command not found
[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemctl start nfs-utils
[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemctl status -l rpcbind
â—Ź rpcbind.service - RPC Bind
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/rpcbind.service; enabled; preset: enabled)
     Active: active (running) since Sat 2023-09-16 12:09:37 AEST; 42s ago
TriggeredBy: â—Ź rpcbind.socket
       Docs: man:rpcbind(8)
   Main PID: 13196 (rpcbind)
      Tasks: 1 (limit: 95804)
     Memory: 1016.0K
        CPU: 10ms
     CGroup: /system.slice/rpcbind.service
             └─13196 /usr/bin/rpcbind -w -f

Sep 16 12:09:37 mediastore8.curtin.home systemd[1]: Starting RPC Bind...
Sep 16 12:09:37 mediastore8.curtin.home systemd[1]: Started RPC Bind.
[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemctl status -l nfs-utils
â—Ź nfs-utils.service - NFS server and client services
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs-utils.service; static)
     Active: active (exited) since Sat 2023-09-16 12:10:05 AEST; 26s ago
    Process: 13397 ExecStart=/bin/true (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 13397 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
        CPU: 1ms

Sep 16 12:10:05 mediastore8.curtin.home systemd[1]: Starting NFS server and client services...
Sep 16 12:10:05 mediastore8.curtin.home systemd[1]: Finished NFS server and client services.
[root@mediastore8 ~]#

Now to try the mounting etc

Reporting back soon !

Woo Hoo - guys - i think you have solved it !

[root@mediastore8 ~]# systemctl status -l nfs-server
â—Ź nfs-server.service - NFS server and services
     Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nfs-server.service; enabled; preset: disabled)
    Drop-In: /run/systemd/generator/nfs-server.service.d
             └─order-with-mounts.conf
     Active: active (exited) since Sat 2023-09-16 12:17:42 AEST; 15s ago
    Process: 15575 ExecStartPre=/usr/sbin/exportfs -r (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 15576 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 15588 ExecStart=/bin/sh -c if systemctl -q is-active gssproxy; then systemctl reload gssproxy ; fi (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   Main PID: 15588 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
        CPU: 11ms

Sep 16 12:17:42 mediastore8.curtin.home systemd[1]: Starting NFS server and services...
Sep 16 12:17:42 mediastore8.curtin.home systemd[1]: Finished NFS server and services.
[root@mediastore8 ~]# showmount -e localhost
Export list for localhost:
/Storage/Virtual-Machines 192.168.86.0/255.255.255.0,172.16.100.0/255.255.255.0,172.16.200.0/255.255.255.0,192.168.202.0/255.255.255.0
[root@mediastore8 ~]#

Yep You guys are legends !!!

Thanks so much for hanging in there and leading me through the steps to solve this one.

I now have this back and mounted on the 3 ESXi hosts and running !

Craig

1 Like

Most excellent news :grinning:
Glad we were able to help – and thanks for your patience and willingness to provide info as requested during the whole process.

Enjoy your new install!

I will do thanks - and must say this has been one of my better Linux forum experiences !

Posted the same question over on StackExchange and got badgered for not formatting the question correctly !

You guys are doing a great job

regards

Craig

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.