I cant install libxml2-devel

rpm -i libxml2-devel-2.9.13-1.el9.x86_64.rpm
warning: libxml2-devel-2.9.13-1.el9.x86_64.rpm: Header V3 RSA/SHA256 Signature, key ID 8483c65d: NOKEY
error: Failed dependencies:
cmake-filesystem(x86-64) is needed by libxml2-devel-2.9.13-1.el9.x86_64
libxml2(x86-64) = 2.9.13-1.el9 is needed by libxml2-devel-2.9.13-1.el9.x86_64
xz-devel(x86-64) is needed by libxml2-devel-2.9.13-1.el9.x86_64
zlib-devel(x86-64) is needed by libxml2-devel-2.9.13-1.el9.x86_64

(To install TORQUE Install the gcc, libssl-devel, and libxml2-devel packages to build 5.0.0. The package names may vary.)

Why are you still downloading rpm’s manually? Just use dnf like we mentioned already in previous posts:

dnf install libxml2-devel

your first goto for installing and searching for packages is using dnf:

dnf list libxml2*

or

dnf search libxml

will show results that it can be installed without having to resort to some weird internet howto that tells you to download manually (assuming that is what you did???)

Yes, definitely do not install (or remove) any packages with ‘rpm’ – do all that with dnf.

Do you have a particular reason to install TORQUE? What do you actually aim to achieve?

Thanks now its all right

I use torque for parallel computing in a compute cluster Installing TORQUE

I do prefer SLURM for compute clusters. Slurm Workload Manager - Quick Start Administrator Guide
(Alas, their instructions do write rpm --install too, but they really should say: dnf install
(or yum install for older RPM-based systems).

I have Torque on Centos 6 and all the settings are there and I just want to transfer them to Roky 9. But after unpacking the tarball, ./configure is missing in the tork 5.0.0 directory :slight_smile:

Understandable. However, EL6 and EL9 do differ in many ways, so plain copy of configs sounds “way too easy” – there must be things that have changed and thus require adjustment. The admin definitely has work to do.

For users the SLURM includes “Torque wrapper scripts used for helping migrate from Torque/PBS to Slurm” so they should be less affected.

Okay, I’ll try slurm because I set up the TORQUE 12 years ago on Centos 6 and I already forgot it, I’m trying to remember now.But it still works continuously without turning off.But that’s later, after I set up nordugrid-arc. And now the cluster works on Centos 6 until it breaks completely

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.