Hi Rocky Linux community - Please let me introduce myself

Hello folks. I’m Markus and I’m new on the block. I’m currently rebuilding my development environment and I want to learn more about Rocky Linux as a true OPEN source distro for enterprise Linux. I’m evaluating an OpenStack deployment and Rocky Linux might be a good choice for that. Looking forward to interact with you and learn a lot. Always ready to help, if I can. Stay safe and have a great time. Kind regards, Markus

Welcome to the community Markus! Glad to have you here :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have any questions about Rocky Linux and OpenStack. I’m a reviewer for the OpenStack-Ansible deployment project, and also help out with the Kolla and RDO projects from time to time. There’s definitely lots of places to get involved!

Best,
Neil

Hello, Neil. Many thanks for offering to support me, I appreciate it much. At this point I am still figuring out how to start and I need to do more DYOR and some brushing up of my skills in the sectors of IaC and Linux. I will be happy, if I may reach out to you with some questions, as they arise.

Welcome :slight_smile: please feel free to ask any questions you may have here on the forums. There is also the Rocky mattermost server also and channels there.

Thanks! I’m sure the questions will flow like water soon. :yum: I’m still getting around and reading basic documentation about the project and the Rocky Enterprise Software Foundation. I love the mission and values in the community charter. Getting a mattermost account next.

1 Like

hi my name is rich first time in this community, looking for credible alternative to centos

1 Like

Hello rich98, nice to meet you.

1 Like

Welcome Markus! Glad to have you here.